WC Turck is the author of 4 books, including the critically acclaimed Bosnian War Memoir “Everything for Love,” and Broken: One soldier’s unexpected journey home, at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.com. Turck wrote and produced two critically acclaimed plays, “Occupy my Heart: A Revolutionary Christmas Carol” and “The People’s Republic of Edward Snowden.” He can be heard weekdays from 9-11am, and 1-3pm on the Revolution and Beer show with partner and cohost BL Murray.
“Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims,” goes the refrain. Folksy wisdom, but then so is, “not all white people are neo-nazis, but all neo-nazis are white.” Deposed former Republican legislator and loud mouth Joe Walsh stated on his hysterics-based show that 80-90% of terrorists are Muslims. In a verbal spasm over the disbanding of the NYPDs so-called “Demographics Unit,” an innocuous term for their Muslim surveillance unit also stated that the unit helped prevent the Times Square Bombing. Oh, Joe, if I had a nickel for every wrong and stupid thing bubbling from your mouth I’d be a wealthy man. And by the way, “Demographics Unit?” Remember that the Nazis called Dachau and Auschwitz “Labor Camps.” By the way, everybody missed the Times Square Bomber, who walked away expecting the vehicle to explode, which it might have if he wasn’t a screw up, no thanks to law enforcement spy cliques or the NSA.
But, as ole Joe went onto say, is it true that the only religion that beheads people, murders nonbelievers and goes “after people for speaking out against Mohammad are Muslims?” Well first, probably not a lot of Hindus are that sensitive about Mohammad, and second it depends upon your definition of terrorism. And last, what or who is the real threat to Americans regarding terrorism?
AJ Segneri, host of Out Front, weekdays on AM1680, www.que4.org in Chicago from 1-3pm weekdays observed that we never seem to get around to identifying crimes like the Kansas City murders by a White Supremacist at two Jewish centers as acts of terror. But what would you say if I could prove you are in far more danger from white Christians than Muslims? Would you scoff?
Since September 11th dozens and by some conservative estimates, as many as 100 Americans had been murdered by White Supremacists and Neo Nazis. In the last 10 years, Americans killed by Muslims as an act of domestic terrorism is ZERO. In fact, since the election of Barack Obama these groups has skyrocketed. Joe Walsh stood shoulder to shoulder with some of them while recently defending a scofflaw millionaire manager refusing to pay miniscule fees to run his for-profit cattle on tax-payer land. They advocate the violent overthrow of the government, murder innocent victims an public officials, threaten shoot and menace law enforcement, and run all sorts of crimes from bank robbery to drug dealing.
The Ugandan Army of God has murdered thousands in the name of Christianity. Rightwing media in this country routinely and systematically defended or explained away the summary executions and desecration of bodies of Muslims by US Soldiers. Serbs in the late 1990s slaughtered tens of thousands of secular Bosnian and Kosovar Muslims, Croatian Catholics slaughtered thousands of Muslims and the German government alone is looking into the murders of nearly 1000 Muslim and African immigrants by white power groups. In Greece, the Golden Dawn is implicated in dozens of deaths, and perhaps as many as 200 murdered immigrants. By contrast, the media in this country only talks about acts committed by Muslims overseas, reaffirming stereotypes and misinformation.
I have looked at all of the dictionary definitions of the word “terrorism” in the English language. Not one says it is a Muslim offense against white Americans. Not one says that Terrorism is an act committed by Muslims because they hate freedom. Therefore, being an adherent to the language, I must conclude that “terrorism” regards an act of terror. And since we all as human beings can experience terror, then drone strikes on weddings, a wall 3 times the size of the Berlin Wall and overhanded tactics by Israelis against Palestinians can also, under that true definition must be considered acts of terror.
So use this and the list below as a starting point in setting the record straight. That is that no group holds a monopoly over hate and terror and brutality. Indeed, I suspect that once the list is finally complete, what will emerge is not a religions pissing contest but a an intransigent human penchant for cruelty, and that we wield that cruelty by assigning arbitrary reasons to dehumanize and degrade others as a means of concealing our own ignorance, lack of humanity, a penchant to destroy and an inability to create and a fundamental disregard for the god(s) we claim to pray to.
THE LIST (Please add to the list)
1. Frazier Glenn Miller, also known as Frazier Glenn Cross murders 3 in Kansas City
2. Eric Millerberg spoke to the court about his conviction, enraging Alexis Rasmussen he is a member of the gang Silent Aryan Warriors
3. A Sacramento Superior Court jury convicted a reputed white supremacist of first-degree murder today in the shooting death of an African American motorist two years ago on a Foothill Farms street. Brian Keith Jones Jr., 25, did not appear in court as the verdict was read in his killing of Duane Lomax, who was fatally shot in the early morning of Dec. 8, 2012, on Predial Way Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/03/18/6248412/jury-convicts-reputed-white-supremacist.html#storylink=cpy
4. Joshua Dylan Petrin, 31, was arrested Friday morning at the Regina Remand Centre, where he was being held on first-degree murder charges in the death of Lorry Anne Santos. The 33-year-old mother of four was shot and killed after she opened her door to strangers in Saskatoon on Sept. 12. Police say the gunmen had gone to the wrong house. Petrin is charged with second-degree murder in the 2008 death of Mitchell Chambers, 23, and first-degree murder in the 2012 death of Bryan Gower, 35. Petrin also faces charges of conspiracy to commit murder of two other people.
5. Joseph P. Franklin, a white supremacist who killed at least eight people in a shooting spree from 1977 to 1980 and confessed to being the sniper who wounded the Hustler magazine publisher Larry Flynt and the lawyer and civil rights activist Vernon E. Jordan Jr., was executed on Wednesday, the Missouri Department of Public Safety said.
6. Two white supremacists are in custody and two more are being sought in the beating death in Tennessee of a volunteer firefighter who authorities say was affiliated with the neo-Nazi Aryan Nations.
At least one of the four suspects is reportedly a member of the Aryan Brotherhood, a prison-based, “whites-only” gang that is known as one of the most violent of its type in the country. In recent years, felons released from prison have increasingly continued to work for the Aryan Brotherhood, which frequently is involved in drug dealing, in the outside world.
John Corey Lanier, 26, and Todd E. Dalton, 39, both of Manchester, Tenn., are currently being held in jail in Franklin County, Tenn., on charges of first-degree murder, authorities say.
David Gordon Jenkins, 46, also of Manchester, and Coty Keith Holmes, 25, of Hillsboro, Tenn., also were charged with murder in grand jury indictments returned Monday. “They are still at large,” Franklin County Sheriff’s Sgt. Chris Guess told Hatewatch today. He said investigators aren’t certain if the two fugitives have left Tennessee, but warrants for their arrests have been entered into the national crime data system and they are identified as being armed and dangerous.
The four are charged in the death of Corey N. Matthews, 26, whose body was found March 24 on Jackson Cemetery Road in rural Franklin County. Guess said that Matthews, a volunteer for the Keith Springs Fire Department, died of blunt force trauma to the head and upper body, and most likely was killed on the evening of March 23.
7. A 27-year-old woman who joined her boyfriend in a 2011 murder spree to kill Jews and minorities has pleaded guilty in Portland, Ore., in a deal that calls for her to spend the rest of her life in federal prison without the possibility of parole.
Holly Ann Grigsby told Senior U.S. District Judge Ancer Haggerty Tuesday that she did not kill any of the victims, including the stepmother of her boyfriend, David “Joey” Pedersen, the The Oregonian reports in today’s editions.
After the pair were arrested in October 2011 and accused of a murderous crime spree in Washington, Oregon and California, Grigsby told a California newspaper reporter that she had killed DeeDee Pedersen because white supremacists believe that men should not murder women
8. A South Carolina white supremacist and his wife, self-styled vigilantes, say they murdered a couple because the man was a registered sex offender.
“You think I’m here to rob you. I’m not here to rob you. I’m here to kill you because you are a child molester,” Jeremy Moody, 30, said he told his victim before pulling the trigger.
Moody and his wife, Christine, 36, say they planned to kill another before getting arrested Wednesday. They were charged with two counts of murder but might face more indictments if Jeremy Moody’s claim of killing others turns out to be true.
“He indicated he was going on our website looking at sex offenders and randomly targeting individuals off that website,” Union County Sheriff David Taylor said.
Investigators say Moody — who has “Skinhead,””Made in America,” and “White Power” tattoos — admitted to shooting Charles Parker, 59, twice and Gretchen Parker, 51, once with a pistol at close range Sunday.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/white-supremacist-pair-targeted-sex-offender-double-murder-suspects-article-1.1408694#ixzz2z5wzm8yd
9. PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) – A white supremacist accused of a Northwest crime spree that claimed four lives has accepted legal help less than two months after winning the right to represent himself at his upcoming trial, his lawyers said Monday.
Court-appointed attorneys Renee Manes and Richard Wolf confirmed in phone interviews that they are again representing David “Joey” Pedersen.
Pedersen, 32, and Holly Ann Grigsby, 28, are awaiting trial on federal charges of kidnapping, carjacking and murder. They are accused of killing a man on the Oregon coast and another in Northern California.
Pedersen previously pleaded guilty to murder in the slaying of his father and stepmother in Everett, Wash.
Prosecutors say the 2011 killing spree was part of a white supremacist campaign to purify and preserve the white race. Pedersen has a tattoo of a swastika on his chest and an image of Adolph Hitler on his stomach. The blue initials “SWP,” for Supreme White Power, are on his neck.
10. A U.S. District Court jury in Chicago has convicted white supremacist leader Matt Hale for soliciting the murder of a federal judge.
Hale, 32, leader and self-proclaimed “Pontifex Maximus” of the virulently racist and anti-Semitic Creativity Movement (formerly known as the World Church of the Creator), was found guilty on April 26, 2004, of one count of solicitation of murder and three counts of obstruction of justice. He was acquitted of a second count of solicitation of murder.
During the trial, jurors heard recorded conversations of Hale trying to persuade FBI informant Anthony Evola, who acted as Hale’s bodyguard, to kill Judge Joan Humphrey Lefkow.
11. law enforcement investigates possible ties between the murders and a white supremacy group.
Mourners fill the First Baptist Church of Sunnyvale, outside Dallas, Texas this afternoon to remember Kaufman County district attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia. The couple was found shot to death inside their home over the weekend. Their murders came two months after the county’s assistant district attorney, Mark Hasse, was shot and killed
12. Amer¬i¬can white suprema¬cists marked the New Year with vio¬lence, open¬ing 2013 with a mur-der in Ken¬tucky and an alleged plot in Ohio. Sus¬pects in both inci¬dents have ties to neo-Nazi groups.
The murder occurred near the small town of Walton, Kentucky, south of Cincinnati, Ohio, on Jan¬u¬ary 9. About a week later, Boone County sheriff’s deputies arrested three men on kid¬nap-ping, mur¬der and abuse of a corpse charges, stating that the suspects had beaten the vic¬tim in two sep¬a¬rate locations and stabbed and strangled him to death at the sec¬ond loca¬tion, then dis¬membered his body and left parts of it in different places. The vic¬tim was a 19-year old drug addict who also allegedly sold heroin to support his own drug habit.
The suspects arrested were Anthony Baumgartner, 23; Jeffrey Allen, 21; and Stephen Harkness, 22. At least one of the suspects has ties to the white supremacist movement. Baumgartner, who has several white supremacist tattoos, was a relatively recent recruit to the neo-Nazi National Socialist Movement (NSM), with the rank of “Stormtrooper First Class.”
13. Jury selection began today for a reputed white supremacist accused of killing a Colorado Springs woman during a bungled robbery.
Kandin Eric Wilson, 29, is charged with first-degree murder in the Sept. 27 shooting of Susana Pelayo-Perez in the parking lot of the Shannon Glen apartments at 260 N. Murray Blvd.
Pelayo-Perez, 35, was a passenger in a white Chevrolet SUV when a bullet shattered the left rear window of the car and hit her below the shoulder. She later died at Memorial Hospital.
Wilson and another suspect, Kyle Robert Gray, both of Colorado Springs, were arrested in December
Read more at http://gazette.com/white-supremacist-on-trial-for-murder-in-womans-killing/article/100581#cv1uB8q6ExSsV57s.99
14. James Byrd, Jr. (May 2, 1949 – June 7, 1998) was an African-American who was murdered by three men, of whom at least two were white supremacists, in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Shawn Berry, Lawrence Russell Brewer, and John King dragged Byrd for three miles behind a pick-up truck along an asphalt road. Byrd, who remained conscious throughout most of the ordeal, was killed when his body hit the edge of a culvert, severing his right arm and head. The murderers drove on for another mile before dumping his torso in front of an African-American cemetery in Jasper. Byrd’s lynching-by-dragging gave impetus to passage of a Texas hate crimes law.
15. On June 7, 1998, Byrd, age 49, accepted a ride from Shawn Berry (age 24), Lawrence Russell Brewer (age 31) and John King (age 23). Berry, who was driving, was acquainted with Byrd from around town. Instead of taking Byrd home, the three men took Byrd to a remote county road out of town, beat him severely, urinated on him and chained him by his ankles to their pickup truck before dragging him for approximately 1.5 miles. Brewer later claimed that Byrd’s throat had been slashed by Berry before he was dragged. However, forensic evidence suggests that Byrd had been attempting to keep his head up while being dragged, and an autopsy suggested that Byrd was alive during much of the dragging. Byrd died after his right arm and head were severed when his body hit a culvert. Byrd’s brain and skull were found intact, further suggesting he maintained consciousness while being dragged.
Berry, Brewer and King dumped the mutilated remains of the body in front of an African-American church on Huff Creek Road, then drove off to a barbecue.
16. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) – CBS4 has learned the man shot and killed Thursday night by Englewood Police was Jeremiah Barnum, a white supremacist leader who was convicted in 1999 of murdering a West African immigrant in Denver in a shocking hate crime.
“He went there to engage the officers. He wasn’t shopping at Walgreens,” said Englewood Police Chief John Collins of the Thursday shooting. “As soon as I heard it,
it rang true for me. This does not surprise me whatsoever. They’re all bad actors.”
17. SAN ANTONIO — A San Antonio man and a Jourdanton woman, allegedly members of a white supremacist prison gang, have been sentenced to prison for their involvement in the 2008 murder of a prospective member.
The body of Mark Davis Byrd Sr. was found May 4, 2008, in Atascosa County.
Shane Gail “Dirty” McNeil, 34, and Destiny Nicole Feathers, 24, pleaded guilty last August to accessory after the fact in connection with the case.
U.S. District Judge Sim Lake of the Southern District of Texas on Thursday sentenced McNeil to 10 years in prison and Feathers to 6.5 years in prison. Both also were sentenced to three years of supervised release
18. HOUSTON — The head of the white supremacist Aryan Brotherhood of Texas has pleaded guilty to a racketeering conspiracy that included murder, kidnapping and drug trafficking
Read more: Head of US white supremacist gang pleads guilty | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/head-of-white-supremacist-gang-pleads-guilty/#ixzz2z656Iqzv
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook
19. Larry Max Bryan pleaded guilty Friday before US District Judge Sim Lake.
Under federal law, Bryan could be sentenced to up to life in prison. The plea agreement calls for prosecutors to recommend the 52-year-old be sentenced to no more than 25. Sentencing is set for Oct. 7.
Bryan was among nearly three dozen people allegedly affiliated with the Aryan Brotherhood who were charged in a sweeping indictment unsealed in 2012.
Dozens of defendants have been convicted in an ongoing federal investigation of the military-style gang founded in Texas prisons in the 1980s to offer protection to white inmates.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. Read more: Head of US white supremacist gang pleads guilty | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/head-of-white-supremacist-gang-pleads-guilty/#ixzz2z65Eb7OC
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook
21. On March 9, 2012, Maricopa County authorities formally “arrested” Toby Ray Gas¬pard, a member of the Vinlanders Social Club (VSC), a violent racist skinhead group, for the 2005 murder of another racist skinhead, Cory Simpson. The arrest gave notice that detec¬tives had finally cracked a murder case nearly seven years old.
Simpson, 31 at the time of his murder, had been released from prison nearly a year earlier after serving four years on an armed robbery charge. He was one of the leaders of the Canyon State Skinheads (CSS), a local racist skinhead crew. The skinhead scene in Arizona in 2005 was complicated, thanks to the rise of the VSC and its growth through adopting members of local racist skinhead crews, including members of the Canyon State Skinheads.
On December 24, 2005, Simpson attended a party in Mesa for local racist skinheads, held at Gaspard’s home. Gaspard was also a high-ranking CSS member. The party turned ugly when other skinheads confronted Simpson. One of them repeatedly stabbed Simpson, leaving him bleed¬ing on his front lawn. Simpson’s wife and another racist skinhead, Christopher Gromberg, took Simpson to a hospital, but he had been fatally wounded
22. ARANSAS PASS – Two members of a white supremacist gang in the Aransas Pass area are now accused of threatening witnesses in a murder trial. Joshua Davis and John Johnson are charged with obstruction/retaliation.
Both men are being held on $250,000 bond.
Lawrence Mireles’ trial for the murder of 16-year-old Jenna Hernandez is coming up soon in Nueces County. Mireles is accused of shooting the teen and leaving her body on Stedman Island near Aransas Pass in June 2012.
23. COWAN, TN (WAFF) – 2013 Four Coffee County, Tennessee men have been indicted in connection with the murder of a Cowan, Tennessee man.
The body of Corey Matthews was found in a field next to Jackson Cemetery in Cowan on March 24. Investigators said it was a specific and targeted crime related to Matthew’s affiliation with a white supremacist organization.
Investigators said Matthews and all four suspects are members of Aryan Nation.
The Grand Jury returned indictments for first degree and felony murder against 39-year-old Todd Dalton, 26-year-old John Lanier, 46-year-old David Jenkins, and 25-year-old Coty Holmes.
24. 2007 GREENVILLE, N.C. — The investigation into two church arsons has uncovered a group of white supremacists involved in a murder conspiracy, police said Friday.
Two Jan. 13 fires destroyed Memorial Baptist Church and damaged Unity Free Will Baptist Church, both in Greenville. Authorities have determined both fires were deliberately set, but they haven’t yet charged anyone with either arson.
As authorities investigated the arsons, a tip led them to people tied to the Aryan Brotherhood, a self-proclaimed white-supremacist group. Police said the local group members were linked to illegal activities, and an early morning raid Friday on two area homes resulted in four arrests and the seizure of weapons, computers and paraphernalia covered with Nazi and Ku Klux Klan symbols.
25. German Chancellor Angela Merkel stated that “the cold-blooded murders of nine immigrant shopkeepers by neo-Nazis is an “inconceivable” crime for Germany and a national disgrace.”
In 2011, the term “Döner murders” (German: Döner-Morde) was named the German Un-Word of the Year by a jury of linguistic scholars, who considered its usage as inappropriate and inhuman.
The Bosphorus serial murders also known as Döner murders, the term often used by the media, were a series of attacks that took place in Germany between 2000 and 2006, leaving ten people dead and one wounded. The attackers called themselves National Socialist Underground (NSU) (German: Nationalsozialistischer Untergrund). The primary targets were ethnic Turks, but one Greek and one German policewoman were also killed.
The victims were mostly small business owners, including doner kebab vendors and greengrocers. They were murdered in daylight with gunshots to the face at close range with a silenced CZ 83 pistol. According to the parents of a Turkish victim who worked in an internet café, the police originally suspected foreign organised criminals. A German policewoman, Michèle Kiesewetter, was also shot and killed and the police officer on patrol with her was critically wounded. Other crimes, including a bomb attack
26. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/04/germany-neo-nazi-killings_n_4383632.htmlThe 746 cases with no known suspects involved 849 victims and took place between 1990 and 2011. The period spans the time between German reunification and the discovery of a neo-Nazi cell suspected of committing 10 murders.
Use Facebook to Comment on this Post